Guardian is a specialization available to Warrior characters.
Restrictions: None. This specialization is available to new players so long as the training is explained in their backstory. It may also be earned through roleplay.
Guardians have been around in some form or another for ages. The discipline itself has no formal foundation, but has become a collective of training throughout the military organizations of Thedas.
Guardians value the lives of their allies over the defeat of their enemies. These valiant warriors protect their allies from harm by making themselves the full target of their enemies. For those moments where they cannot draw that attention, they will do everything in their power to intercept a blow meant for someone else.
While they have stylistic similarities with the champion specialization, guardians focus less on motivation and morale and more on protecting others, sometimes to their own detriment. It is said a guardian would sacrifice their own life before allowing harm to come to those they protect.
Combat Skills Edit
- Guardian’s Shield: The guardian is able to read their enemies intent, and finds it easier to be in the right place and the right time to protect their allies.
- Retaliation: During the heat of battle, the guardian is able to quickly invoke a counterattack against an enemy that is focused on them.
- Fortifying Presence: Being near the guardian helps bolster allies defenses, giving them an edge against their enemies.
- Bodyguard: The guardian focuses on a single ally, taking all wounds meant for them.
- Sword & Shield (Expert)
- Master Guardian: The guardian has mastered the art of defense, able to take stronger blows and use their armor more effectively.
- Immovable: The guardian has learned how to become a wall against attacks, sacrificing their own offense to become an unmoving wall between enemies and their allies.
- Thick Skin: Through battle, the body of a guardian has been conditioned to take blows that would be more devastating to the untrained. What would be mortal wounds to some, become debilitating to the guardian.
- Aura of the Stalwart Defender: The guardian is able to project their will onto the battlefield, drawing all enemies to them and away from their allies. Only the strongest willed enemies can resist this draw.
- Indomitable: The guardian cannot be stunned or knocked to the ground by any means employed by an adversary. They have trained to keep themselves always on balance and to resist blows that would leave them dazed.
- Sword & Shield (Master)
Non-Combat Skills Edit
This specialization grants the following non-combat skills at advanced levels, depending on your character's advancement in the specialization. These do not count toward your skills total.
- Stamina (Expert)
- Stamina (Master)