Legionnaire Scout is a specialization available to Rogue characters.
Restrictions:This specialization is not restricted to new players, but it is exceedingly rare and your character’s backstory should be built around how they acquired this training for your application to be approved.
The Memories do not put a date on the Legion of the Dead; they go back indefinitely, almost as long as the darkspawn themselves. An elite military order, the Legion is an independent band of Orzammar's first and most cutthroat defenses, tasked with fending off the encroaching darkspawn and keeping what remains of the Deep Roads safe.
The most egalitarian order of all dwarven culture, the Legion only has one requirement of all candidates: the living are not welcome. An official funeral is held for all souls foolish enough to enlist, accepting members from any caste and walk of life - even complete outsiders, rare as those volunteers are. In death, all debts are forgiven, all shame forgotten, and only honor remains. Only those who have given up everything will have the courage to fight on as nothing.
There is no official training, no specific bootcamp the legionnaire scouts undergo. They bring only prior knowledge and an insurmountable will to not die, forced to learn quickly or perish against unbreakable odds. They are both famed for their endurance and almost completely nonexistent, battling darkspawn day in and day out to grant their lives more and more meaning.
- Mark of the Legion: Hours of daily practice are taxing, but pay off in the heat of battle. It takes significantly more to injure one who is already dead, no less to send them back to the Stone.
- Strength of Stone: Thoroughly battle-hardened, the scout digs into their survivalist instincts during a moment of need. Every glanced blade hurts less, every winding blow staggers less, and the scout lives on to fight another day when another would have surely fallen.
- Quick Study: The scouts are the eyes, ears, and quick wits of the Legion. Gauging threats becomes second nature, in a glance discerning "danger" from "suicide," as well as "opportunity" from "ambush." They have lived this long; their instincts are rarely wrong.
- To the Death: After so many days cheating death, few risks remain that truly disturb the scout. Their blood only pumps in the exhilaration of battle, a state the scout now lives for and fights with every last breath. Their assault will only end when their limbs can no longer move.
- Blessing of the Ancestors: Life close to unrefined lyrium is dangerous, yet if anyone can adapt, it's a member of the Legion. So long as the scout is focused on combat and caught in the trance of battle, all spells are rendered ineffective.
This specialization grants the following non-combat skills at advanced levels, depending on your character's advancement in the specialization. These do not count toward your skills total.
- Stamina (Expert)
- Scouting (Expert)
- Stamina (Master)
- Scouting (Master)