A mage will have access to all spells at the proficiency level that they have trained to in a school. For example, a mage with expert training in Earth magic would know Rock Armor, Stonefist & Earthquake, while a novice in Creation magic would know Heal, Glyph of Paralysis, Heroic Offense & Spell Wisp.
In general, the higher the skill in any one school (which translates to the time spent in training in that school), the fewer schools that a mage will be familiar with. The exception to this is the Primal schools; mages with an affinity for Primal magic will frequently be proficient in two or more Primal schools. (This is to compensate for the fact that the non-Primal schools have more spells available at each level.)
You do not need to list every spell that your character knows on your profile; just specify the level of proficiency in the schools that they have been trained in. This page will remain available as a reference.
We have provided links for each spell to the spell as described in the DA Wiki to provide a general guide to the effects. When the spell appears in multiple games, we will generally link to the most recent iteration. For DA2 & Inquisition spells, upgrade effects can be utilized in roleplay.
Primal - Earth
Primal - Inferno
Primal - Storm
- Novice: Shock
- Intermediate: Lightning Bolt
- Expert: Static Charge, Static Cage
- Master: Tempest, Chain Lightning
Primal - Winter
- Novice: Winter’s Grasp
- Intermediate: Frost Weapons
- Expert: Cone of Cold, Ice Mine
- Master: Wall of Ice, Blizzard
- Novice: Barrier, Mana Drain, Mind Blast
- Intermediate: Dispel, Mana Cleanse, Death Syphon, Force Field
- Expert: Anti-Magic Ward, Spell Might, Telekinetic Weapons
- Master: Anti-Magic Burst, Mana Clash, Animate Dead, Crushing Prison
- Novice: Heal, Glyph of Paralysis, Heroic Offense, Spell Wisp
- Intermediate: Rejuvenate, Heroic Aura, Glyph of Warding, Grease
- Expert: Regeneration, Heroic Defense, Glyph of Repulsion, Spellbloom
- Master: Mass Rejuvenation, Haste, Glyph of Neutralization, Stinging Swarm